The residents of the UAE is often regarded as the luckiest by the residents of other nations. And the reason? It is because there would be something new and novel that the UAE residents can get to experience each day.
The latest addition to this new, novel and spectacular in the UAE is CLYMB Abu Dhabi. Once it is open to the public, the CLYMB will surely become the most sought after destination for the best in class adventure experience.
The CLYMB will also set some world records once it opens, as it was with all other popular and iconic structures in the UAE. The CLYMB will house the world’s largest indoor flight chamber and will also be the home to the world’s tallest climbing wall. It will cater to the needs of the adventure and thrill-seekers, no matter their skill level or age.
Do you wish to know more about the CLYMB Abu Dhabi? Here are the things you need to know about the newest adventure destination:
1. When will CLYMB Abu Dhabi be Inaugurated?
The CLYMB Abu Dhabi will be inaugurated on Friday, 29 November 2019. It will be fully open to the public after a short time. The original date of inauguration was sometime in 2018 but a fire that broke out at the construction site prompted the authorities to push back the date. The CLYMB is a much-anticipated adventure destination by the residents and tourists alike and it will soon open its doors wide open to the skydiving and the rock-climbing enthusiasts. There is also a wide range of attractions and novel experiences in store for the visitors.
2. What are the Experiences at CLYMB?
The CLYMB Abu Dhabi primarily offers two experiences for the visitors:
- Indoor Skydiving – Skydiving is one of the most popular adventure activities. Though it is an activity performed outdoors, there are many places where you can experience or practice skydiving indoors. The CLYMB Abu Dhabi, as mentioned earlier, houses the world’s tallest and widest flight chamber. The flight chamber of CLYMB is 32 feet wide and 82 feet long, making it the best to experience indoor skydiving in a new way. Another fact that CLYMB can boast of is that there are 16 powerful fans to offer you the best skydiving experience, while the standard number is four.
- Indoor Climbing – Rock climbing has etched its mark as one of the most popular activities people can indulge in. If you have wished to go rock climbing in Abu Dhabi and not been able to do so, the CLYMB Abu Dhabi is the best place to experience it. There are five climbing walls at CLYMB Abu Dhabi which vary in height and level. The tallest wall stands at a height of 141 feet and is named the SUMMYT. It is the world’s tallest indoor climbing wall and boasts of 13 highly challenging routes that climbers should conquer. The SUMMYT is intended for expert-level climbers. The other walls cater to different levels of ability. There are also many packages that the beginner climbers can avail of and they can climb the walls under experienced supervision. The experienced climbers can try out the walls on their own. Briefings, climbing gear and equipment check will also be provided to the climbers.
3. What are the Packages Available?
There are various packages available for those who wish to experience CLYMB. The packages are open for anyone aged 3 and above.
- First Time Flyer Experience – The packages are intended for first-time flyers and are available from 2 to 10 flights.
- 2 Flights – AED 215 per person
- 4 Flights – AED 385 per person
- 6 Flights – AED 520 per person
- 8 Flights – AED 625 per person
- 10 Flights – AED 705 per person
The package includes pre-flight training, flight instruction and flight gear rental.
- Pro Flyers Experience – The packages are intended for experienced flyers and offer a minimum of 10 flights per visit for 9 months.
- Off-Peak Package (Weekdays only): AED 4,200 per person
- Anytime Package (Weekdays and Weekends): AED 6,000 per person
The package includes flight gear rental and flight instruction.
Indoor Climbing Packages
The climbing packages differ from kids to adults. The packages are:
- Kids (4-13 years old) – 3 Peaks Package at AED 95 per person (1-hour access to a bouldering wall, beginner wall and intermediate wall). The package includes expert supervision and climbing gear rental.
- Adults (14 and above) – There are different packages available.
- 3 Peaks Package at AED 120 per person (60-minute access to a bouldering wall, beginner wall and intermediate wall)
- 4 PeaksPackage at AED 170 per person (90-minute access to a bouldering wall, beginner wall, intermediate wall and advanced wall)
- SUMMYT at AED 190 per person (90-minute access to The SUMMYT)
- Full Day Access at AED 100 per person.
Location – Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
Timings – The timings in 2020 will be different from that of 2019
12:00 PM to 05:00 PM (Sunday to Saturday)
12:00 PM to 09:00 PM (Sunday to Thursday)
12:00 PM to 11:00 PM (Friday and Saturday)
These are all you need to know about CLYMB Abu Dhabi.